Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

I was able to have the pleasure of re-branding and developing new print collateral for Jim Kelly of Kelly Electric. Jim is sincerely one of the most honest, genuine, and giving persons I have known and it was an honor to give him updated tools for his business.


First of all, Jim is an old-school electrician; in a good way. He is honest, does great work, and is truly hands-on in all his work. I wanted to bring this into the company's new identity, emphasizing the trustworthiness of a company that has decades of experience. He may be old school in style, but he is definitely not out of touch with what is going on in industry today. The point of this re-brand was to show just that. I kept a very traditional look to the identity, but with notes to contemporary style, showing that they are still fully "in the game" today. I threw in the year of establishment to push the history a little bit more.

Kelly Electric has always used a shamrock icon, but I updated it a little and added in electrical bolts into the negative space between the leaves and stem to add more depth.

Finally, Jim asked me to add lines to his letter head since he usually hand writes his correspondence and invoices; like I said, Jim is an old-school electrician. Jim also hand draws many of his schematics. To assist him in this, I added a dot grid to his stationary to lessen the strain that lines would put on the eyes as well as protect Jim from having others steal his work by photocopy it. The dot grid was easily transfered into all aspects of his print collateral for greater brand continuity and recognition.

(0) Comments